EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Piet Wesselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 14:15:32 +0200
In November 1997 there was a message on this list by Charles Martell, which I happened to save. Here is a quote from it with some documentation. Don't ask me for further details...

Piet Wesselman
(books by and on Pound at http://www.xs4all.nl/~pwessel/books/pound.html)

<quote>
THE POET'S VOICE (POETS AUDIO CENTER PV-00, cassette only) - This is an
anthology of readings by 13 different poets.  One of the cassettes is of the
readings E.P. did for Harvard in 1939.

EZRA POUND READING, VOLS. 1&2 (Caedmon TC1122 & TC2005) - These were the
most widely circulated LP's of E.P. reading, made just after he was released
from St. Elizabeth's.  I have heard they are still available, only now on
cassettes.

THE WORLD'S GREAT POETS VOL. III - EZRA POUND (CMS619) - This LP is material
recorded at the Spoleto Festival.

SPOKEN ARTS TREASURY OF 100 MODERN AMERICAN POETS VOL. III (SA1042) - Three
Cantos (3, 38, 106) read by Pound on an LP that also includes William Rose
Benet, John Hall Wheelock, and H.D.

EZRA POUND READING HIS TRANSLATIONS OF THE CONFUCIAN ODES (Spoken Arts 1098)

Now as to E.P.'s music.

The only recordings of LE TESTAMENT DE VILLON that I'm aware of are as follows:

Fantasy 12001 - Western Opera Theater conducted by Robert Hughes.  Mono.

Philips 9500927 - Holland Festival 1980, conducted by Reinhert de Leeuw.
Stereo.
</quote>