EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:29:59 -0400
Dear CB,

I did NOT try to open the file.  The garb/le-age deposited itself
directly in the email message.  There was no attachment to allow
me any option in the matter.

Again, I reiterate, NO ONE should have long files imposed upon
them unless they have been requested.  One such file that came
to me last year from another source stopped my machine altogether
and had to be removed by the techies at the university computer
center.

=DP

At 12:52 AM 8/19/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Well, DP, you certainly are aware of your computer terms. Perhaps "Word
>Document" has not found a way into your vocabulary? It just might be that you
>didn't receive the file as a "Word Document", but I sure did. And, running on
>Windows 95, my computer automatically opened it via WordPad. It's unfortunate
>that you couldn't read it....So, the play was unsolicited garble. Why get so
>uppity and standoffish about it? If you were truly interested in it, why not
>send Mr.Stoneking an Email explaining what happened?  Obviously you wanted to
>read it, considering you tried to open the file. I understand your intentions
>of warning us all about such a mishap, and do appreciate your concern, but
>your note did sound full of venom. Your subsequent notes were awfully
>aggressive as well. Perhaps, if you refrained from cursing, you might get a
>point across. Honestly, I don't have a clue as to why I'm even bothering to
>reply, you're only going to give a good lash back to me. In any event, I here
>apologize to the entire list for using it as a sparring arena. I simply
>thought that people should not be skittish about downloading and reading
>files. Sometimes, garble happens.
>
>--CB

HOME:
Dan Pearlman