ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:29:34 -0500
John W Duffill wrote:
>Subject:      Re: Maine on the Internet ??
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>I also had trouble accessing the WMEB site thru Webcast.com.  Got onto WZON
>site but they had the Sox on. As a last resort I tuned into the Minnesota
>station and caught the last half of the 1st period.

Perhaps Brian from WMEB and anyone who is on the list familiar with (or
connected with) the WZON coverage could answer these questions:

1.  What audio driver is used to carry your Maine Hockey feed (e.g. Real
Audio, etc.) ?

2.  What minimum hardware and software configurations are required to hear
this feed ?

3.  yes or no:  is the feed available to Macintosh users ?   If yes, answer
#2 above.

I tried the WMEB feed again tonite, and, as reported on this list, waited
for the feed to start.
No luck.   This is getting VERY frustrating.

Thank God I'll be in Maine next weekend, if only to start closing up in
Bayside for the season.  But, I can listen to real radio feed of the Penney
tournament.

BTW, nothing on the WMEB page (at least as I saw using my Netscape 3.02 Mac
browser)
says you need only wait for the feed to begin.  Would be helpful to some if
it were posted that
way on the WMEB "final" link before hearing the feed.

Dan Doucette

***  Isn't it fitting someone named Garth Snow is playing  ***
***            for a hockey team in Canada   ???           ***

Maine - National Champions 1993 and 1999 -
first in the new Millennium ?