ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:41:33 EST
>Will they come into Alfond overconfidently saying "yeah, we're #1
>because we beat BC" and maybe not quite prepared? Or will they show up
>just plain confident and composed?

I would't be surprised to see a 0-0 tie!

If I remember the script correctly from previous years, they play us
tough up here, then stomp us down there while some of their incredibly
rude and arrogant homers treat the few Maine fans, players,
administration and coaching staff at the Whitt as invading scum of the
earth.

*Then* they get overconfident and get blown out of the NCAAs when it
was evidently their year to take it all.

Hard to believe I'm a closet UNH fan, eh?  ;-)   cheers, wayne