ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 23:26:03 -0500
Deron's comment -

> From the radio it sounded like Maine played an uninspiring game and were
> out shot badly

was pretty accurate.

It would have been worse, but NU couldn't hit the side of a barn on several
breakaways.  The defense left Yeats' glove side virtually unprotected,
which allowed NU players to just walk in.  Yeats got #2 star of the game.

Bunion Jr was the ref tonight, and he made us miss his dad.  Northeastern
had something like seven players on the ice at one point, but no call.  The
linesmen called non-existent offsides, and forgot about this infraction at
other times (like right before Northeastern's third goal).  We sat near the
Maine bench, so were able to hear some of Coach Walsh's frustrations.  He
seemed to think that the ref missed a number of "holding the stick"
penalties, and tried to get the attention of the officials by holding a
stick out over the ice.  He also came out for the third period without his
jacket.

There was a good Maine crowd in attendance; let's hope more people make the
trip down I-95 for tomorrow night's game.

Speaking of tomorrow night, Dan and I will be at the Boston Beer Works
before the game.  The Beer Works is right across the street from Fenway
Park (closest stop is Kenmore on the Green Line).  Of course, we understand
if you want to take your pregame meal at Cafe Brazil.  Try the linguica
appetizer or the fried bananas.  It's easily reached by public
transportation (about a 5-10 minute walk from the Harvard Ave stop on the
BC portion of the green line) or by car - right near the Mass Pike and the
Sports Depot.

We'll be there in spirit tomorrow night.

Lindsay A. Huntoon
Go Maine Black Bears
Providence or Bust in 2000