ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 12:52:10 -0500
8bit
From:
Stephen Thibeault <[log in to unmask]>
I don't know for sure what Heisten did to get tossed form the game but
my guess is that he said something to the official.  From the replay of
the incident that I saw on Fox Sports New England it looked like
Heisten also might have thrown some punches at Scott Clemensen after he
was knocked on top of him.  He also appeared to be yelling at the
official when he was pulled off the goal tender.  Considering that
Heisten is a Freshman, mouthing off to an official might be enough to
get him tossed.  I don't know what he did but it would be interesting
to find out.

As far as the game last night.  The Blackbears looked like a team that
had been on a long road trip.  They looked tired.  They have played a
lot of hockey, and done a lot of traveling to do it.  I think that
might have been a factor in last nights game.