EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Robert Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:47:54 -0500
hey, I read that book. And you and Arendt are probably right. But I am not sure that that means Fascism has to always turn out the way it did. But you move me a little towards thinking so by reminding me of Arendt. If I suffer from hero--or heroine--worship, it is for Arendt.

At 10:18 AM 8/27/99 -0500, you [Robert Kibler] wrote:
>I am not sure that fascit ideology has the cult of the leader as an
identifiable component of its manifestos--

Of course they don't, Robert! ...  But do read Hannah Arendt's great
book on totalitarianism (damn, can't remember titles!) where she
shows that the cult is INHERENT to the ideology.

==Dan

HOME:
Dan Pearlman
102 Blackstone Blvd. #5