EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Zachary Dempster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:46:53 EDT
        Currently i am writing an essay to St. John's College, as a an admitance type
of project.  Right this moment my mind has run accross a Pound quote, the only
problem is it is in idea form and lacking the actualy said words.  In the
essay presently i have paraphrased, but think that it would be better if i had
the actual quote.  I was wondering if anybody might be able to help me, the
idea went along the lines that atleast now with the modernist the reader knows
that they do not understand, where as before with earlier literature the
reader would be more likely to confuse real understanding with an off survey.
with sincerity, zachary
PS and off the track does anybody hold an opinion of St John's College