EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Richard Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:10:20 +0000
I read a review the other day in the TLS of a newly published book about the English composer Edmund Rubbra.

According to the review, Rubbra was much influenced by EP's Treatise on Harmony.

I haven't seen the book, but I thought I would pass on this snippet of information in case anyone interested in EP and music had missed it.

I'm a big fan of Rubbra myself - he's a much neglected composer who has suffered overmuch from the assumption that English 20C composers who wrote in a tonal idiom are all irredeemable nostalgia merchants of the cow-pat school.

Older news is that Hyperion not long ago released a double CD of Walter Rummel's complete Bach transcriptions. Moody has quite a lot on the Pound Rummel friendship in his recent semi-biography. Of the many CDs I have bought recently, this is one of my favourites.

Snippets, as I say, but I hope they may be of interest to someone.

http://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/al.asp?al=CDA67481/2&f=rummel

http://www.mdt.co.uk/MDTSite/product//CDA67481-2.htm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edmund-Rubbra-Symphonist-Leo-Black/dp/1843833557/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216332339&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Edmund-Rubbra-Symphonist-Leo-Black/dp/1843833557/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216332385&sr=1-1

Keep Pounding

Richard Edwards

100’s of Nikon cameras to be won with Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719808/direct/01/