EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:31:23 -0500
Actually, Carrol, my wife was right, as she usually is and obeyed too. It
turns out that Zane Grey's first novel was "Betty Zane" which he published
at his own expense in 1904. The story is about his ancestor Betty  who was
rather famous for being a heroine of the Revolutionary War. She was a
daughter of William Zane, a brother of Isaac, who I mentioned in the
powder to the soldiers during the Siege of Fort Henry at Wheeling, W.VA. in
1782. It was the last battle of the American Revolution.

Charles