EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Sarah C. Holmes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:47:48 -0400
To Kevin Kiely:

Of course, I know that Pound hated banks.  In fact, I have done more than just
"read Pound quickly."  I have been studying some of his letters for the last
three years.

But... I am also a graduate student, and I like asking questions.  I think
this list should serve that purpose without any rude remarks made to its
members (as you made concerning my knowledge of Pound).  I hope you don't
respond to your students that way.  I never do.  No matter what the question
is, I answer it with the respect given to someone who just wants to learn.
Students really appreciate that kind of philosophy.

By the way, you never did give me an answer about the Bank of France.  All you
did was give a very general answer about banks etc.  In fact, you just told me
a bunch informtation that I already know!

And, in case you're wondering, I have some ideas about the Bank of France and
de Wendel, and some ideas about Wilson (yes, I have read Walkiewicz and
Witemeyer's fantastic Cutting volume--with all the good info about Wilson).
However, I wanted to hear a VARIETY of ideas from my fellow list members.
That is the purpose of the list, isn't it?

Sarah Holmes