EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Richard Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:38:36 GMT
A while back there was a discussion in this list about Pound's style of
reading his own work.

I have just stumbled across a fragment of a recording (which I knew existed
but had never heard) of Tennyson reading from "The Charge of the Light
Brigade". It struck me that Tennyson's style of reading is rather similar to
Pound's. I'm not sure I need to know whether or not anyone agrees with me,
but I thought others might like to have a listen to see what they think.

The URL is http://charon.sfsu.edu/TENNYSON/tennyson.html

Richard Edwards