EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Richard Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:27:34 GMT
I agree Pound would have loved email. In fact I am sure he would have been a
regular net nuisance! I can image "Block Sender" buttons being hit in
government departments all over the world ...

I agree the list shouldn't be censored. Mind you Pound was sensitive about
using what the French call "gros mots"; according to Olson, after Pound had
let such a word slip out on one of Olson's visits to St Elizabeth's, he
(Pound) immediately dashed out of his room to check that no "ladies" in the
vicinity had overheard him. I like this old-fashioned side of Pound, faintly
absurd though it seems to us now.

Richard Edwards