EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:11:57 +0100
7bit
From:
Michael Faherty <[log in to unmask]>
Those of you on the list in the London area might be interested in an
event being organised by Robert Richardson to celebrate the 90th
anniversary of the first meeting of the School of Images.  Here's a
blurb from the leaflet he just sent round:

"An Imagist Walk, which I devised, took place on 25 March 1989,
exactly eighty years after the first meeting of the Eiffel Tower
group.  This walk was the first of four Homage to Imagism events, each
becoming a section of the book HOMAGE TO IMAGISM (edited by William
Pratt and myself, published by AMS Press, New York, in 1992).  To
celebrate the 90th anniversary of Imagism's origins, I will be leading
the Imagist Walk for a second time.  Although a 90th anniversary might
seem a somewhat tenuous link, it is extremely appropriate to celebrate
in the last year of the century those poets who, in its first and
second decades, set an agenda which is still significant as we enter
the new millennium.

The walk will begin at 11 am outside No. 1 Percy Street (formerly the
Eiffel Tower Restaurant; off Tottenham Court Road, nearest tubes
Tottenham Court Road or Goodge Street) on the date of the exact
anniversary: 25 March.  Before the walk begins, there will be a brief
ceremony: the Imagists will be remembered with toasts and a reading of
Imagist poems.  The first part of the walk covers places connected
with the Imagists in the British Museum area.  The tube will then be
taken from Great Portland Street to High Street Kensington, followed
by a short walk through the Imagist territory of Kensington."

It's free and, if anyone wants to contact Rob directly about this, his
e-mail address is [log in to unmask]