EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Martin Knepper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 15:13:11 +0100
>In the preface to his new edition of Basil Bunting on Poetry, just out
>from Johns Hopkins UP, Peter Makin says that Pound defines prosody as
>"the total articulation of the sound of a poem," but he doesn't give a
>source for the quotation.  Can anyone give me the source? Yes, I've
>looked in the "Treatise on Metre."
>
>The Bunting book looks quite fascinating.  I'll read it in the plane to
>the MLA, and send a report later.
>
>Burt Hatlen

Found an URL that quotes Pound on exactly that topic and refers it to
letters to Robert Duncan:
http://www.well.com/user/jer/nonlin_prosody.html

and by a hungarian source I found a book by Edwards, Barry S.: "The Subtler
Music": Ezra Pound's Prosody (1998 spring), but no further hints.

idle research done by
Martin