EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:39:57 -0500
From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
The Disney films were not "made with no loss of time". The way images were set to music might have appealed to Pound. And the correlation of even ancillary visual detail -- the backgrounds and the minor characters -- in service of the theme is also likely to have earned Pound's praise. The shrubbery was neo-Botticellian. Disney coordinated teams or artists in such a way that exquisite attention was paid to every detail.  Pound is likely to have approved of the Studio's organizational structure: it enabled the talents of many artists to be marshalled in service of an artistic vision or aesthetic idea.
 Tim Romano