EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
William Stoneking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:03:42 -0500
Actually, Eisenstein had a huge respect and admiration for
Disney's vision, and visited him in Hollywood during the six
torturous months he (Eisentein) was under contract to Paramount.
There is, in fact, a signed pciture of Eisenstein standing with
Disney and shaking hands with Mickey Mouse!  The source of
the connection stretched back to Eisentein's childhood and early
adulthood when he an obsessive drawer - his love for drawing
deserted him until he went to Mexico in 1930. In his early
drawings he has a fondness for portraying men and women as
animals - an early visual expression of his idea of "typage".
The interesting thing to me is the synchronicity of ideas at
diverse places among diverse people... Eisenstein and
Pound never met, nor, do I believe, did they ever correspond
or read each other's theories... I would've thought this a fruitful
area of inquiry for those whose tastes run in the direction of
maggotry!

Stoneking