EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Jack Foley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 10:29:36 -0400
John Taber:

  FlashPoint, on the Web Del Sol site, is especially devoted to poetry in the
Pound-Olson tradition (cf. the work of editors Joe Brennan and Carlo Parcelli,
in both issues #1 and #2).  It is also broadly devoted to the Modernist tradition
in general.  Although no single piece to date has addressed Pound himself,
there are essays on David Jones (current issue #2), as well as Ian Hamilton
Finlay and Teodor Adorno (issue #1, accessible from the issue #2 title page).
  Beyond that, Web Del Sol is, in my opinion, an excellent site-of-sites, with
poetry, fiction, and essays from many print magazines (like The Literary
Review, Conjunctions, Zyzzyva), going back 2-3 years.  I don't know who
wrote to you -- not someone from Customer Relations, I'm sure! -- but please
don't judge the whole barrell by one wizened apple.  (I'm one of the editors of
FlashPoint, so, yes, I have a vested interest; but I've browsed a great deal of
Web Del Sol, and it lives up to my hype.)
   In any event, kindly tune in to http://webdelsol.com/FLASHPOINT ... and let
us know what you think!
  -- JR Foley

F. W. Perrella wrote:

> This week, Web Del Sol highlights The North American Review, at
> http://webdelsol.com/NorthAmReview/NAR/wi98.htm
>
> The current issue includes "Call My Name", fiction by Aimee Bender.  If
> you click to issue 1 on the left menu, you'll find "Godhead at 12",
> fiction by Michael Kopacz.  And in issue 2 you can sample "The Grant",
> fiction by Dallas Wiebe.

> Let us know what you think.  You can send email at the NAR Home page,
or
> you can email Web Del Sol's editor, Michael Neff, at
> [log in to unmask]  Thanks.
>
> Anne Perrella

This guy has been beating the drums for his site.

I did check out the site. It uses black letters on red background
for part of its page, which is hard to read. The text is small italics
also hard to read.

I complained and got a snotty answer in effect telling me to get
lost.

But don't believe me. Try the site yourself.
        1. Can you read it?
        2. Is there anything of interest to an EP fan or scholar?
Let me know.