MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Valerie Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:39:05 -0400
Attention Maine Teachers and Librarians!  Join us to learn about the new
Britannica School and get ideas for integrating technology into your
classroom!  Bring your questions and we will be glad to answer them
during this live presentation.  Elementary, middle/junior high, and high
schools will learn about special features including:

  - My Britannica, a storage tool for students to collect their own
research materials for future use

  - Classroom curriculum resources for American History, World Studies,
Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, and all levels of Language Arts and
Math

  - Multi-media collection

  - Lesson Plan Builder for teachers and librarians

  - Learning Zone feature for PreK-2nd grade students

  - Integration of Common Core Curriculum Standards

Best of all, Britannica School is FREE to Maine MARVEL users!  Sign up
today!

.     Wednesday, September 25 @ 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm

.     https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/960009209

Please contact Jennifer Keating at [log in to unmask] with any questions
about this webinar.

--------

Attention Maine Public Librarians!  Join us to learn ways to help both
children and adults find answers to their questions and get started on
projects, using the new Britannica Online Public Library Edition.  Bring
your questions and our Expert Britannica Trainer will be glad to answer
them during this live presentation. Participants will learn about
special features including:

-  "Kids" section with reference and educational materials for
elementary and middle school students.

 - The World Data Analyst for patrons to study and compare different
statistics from countries all over the world.

- The Workspace storage tool for patrons to collect their own research
materials for future use.

 - Resources for every subject including History, Geography, Art,
Humanities, Business, Science, and Technology.

 - And much more!

Best of all, Britannica Online Public Library Edition is FREE to all
Maine MARVEL users!  Sign up today!

.     Wednesday, August 21 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am

.     https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/333073033

Please contact Jennifer Keating at [log in to unmask] with any questions
about this webinar.

Valerie  Osborne, Consultant

Northeastern Maine Library District

Bangor Public Library