EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 07:18:58 -0400
Brett and Richard,
Yes, those were the essays.

This morning I read again the Poems of Alfred Venison, The Poet of
Titchfield Street (verse from the 1930s),  included as an appendix in
PERSONAE: The Collected Shorter Poems of Ezra Pound (New Directions, 1971).
More "funny" talk there (about millions of underfed people on the dole,
media barons, politicos, bankers, arms dealers, and the impending World War)
very much in the same mode as Pound's letter to George Biddle, brother of
former Attorney General Francis Biddle (who was, as Jonathan Morse tells us,
"a writer himself, and a proud scion of the old Philadelphia banking family
that's mentioned in _The Cantos_").

Tim Romano