Sender:
From:
Jeff Cabral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2022 20:41:49 -0500
McArthur Library, located in Biddeford, Maine, is currently accepting
applications for a full-time Youth Services Supervisor (37.5 hours/week).
This is an exciting new position as part of our Management Team.

Biddeford continues to re-invent itself and the community is thriving
currently, with new businesses and new faces in the library on a regular
basis. Come join our team during an exciting time of growth in our
community's history. We are seeing new families and new young faces every
day at McArthur!

This position is a member of the McArthur Library Management Team
(reporting to the Library Director), and the individual supervises a team
of 3 full-time staff, 1 part-time staff member, and several part-time
substitute staff. The full-time staff includes a Cataloging Librarian, a
Team Lead (Programming for Youth and Teens), and a Team Lead (Outreach for
Youth and Teens). This position also provides direct reference and reader's
advisory services to patrons in regular/frequent shifts (Children's Room as
well as Adult Room which includes our Teen Space). The position includes
rotating evenings and Saturdays.

The ideal candidate will have outstanding customer service skills, a
natural affinity with our young patrons, a great sense of humor, boundless
energy and ambition, be detail-oriented, tech savvy, and able to work in a
busy, fast-paced environment.

MLS Degree Preferred and experience in a library within a children's
services setting is required.

*Previous experience in collection development as well as supervising a
team (of paid staff members) within a library (or very similar setting) are
absolute requirements for this position. Applications without this
experience will not be considered.*

This full-time non-exempt position includes vacation/sick day benefits and
excellent health coverage (90% employer-contributed), and the pay range
begins at $26.50/hour, scaling up with experience.

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and interviews
will begin immediately. To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to
Jeff Cabral, Director at [log in to unmask]

To see a full position description, visit our Vacancies page.

https://www.mcarthurlibrary.org/staff-vacancies.html

Thank you!

Jeff Cabral
Library Director