EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alan C Golding <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:31:04 -0400
Dear fellow Poundians,

I do know that John, Biljana and Petar made it out OK.  I believe they were able to leave on the Sat. afternoon before Katrina hit.  When I heard from John, they were at a Comfort Inn in ---- (can't remember where, but it was somewhere safe) and were planning to head for North Carolina, where they have family and friends.  Like so many others, they are assuming that they've lost everything, though they don't know for sure.  The UNO server is down and I'm told, though I have no independent verification of this, that the school is essentially razed.  (To judge from the maps I looked at, it's right on the lake between two of the breached levees.  Does anyone know?)  To contact John, you can write to this address: [log in to unmask]

I have no word of Barry, I'm afraid.

All best,

Alan Golding

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/06/05 9:03 AM >>>
Hello Bernard and everyone else,
I sent an e-mail a few days back to Barry Ahearn--but it came back as undeliverable. I,
too, would appreciate any information there is about Barry and John and their
families.
Best,
Demetres P. Tryphonopoulos