EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2014 05:59:45 +0100
8bit
From:
Roxana Preda <[log in to unmask]>
In1927 when he was particularly distressed by the turn Pound’s
activities had taken, Lewis remarked that the images in
CantosVIII-XIXmake “it all effectively like a spirited salon-picture,
gold framed and romantically ‘classical.’"

That WAS an insult. The Malatesta Cantos at least, are an application
of Cubism and Vorticism in literature. But then WL was hell-bent on
insulting EP at that time. He hit exactly where it hurt most, probably
as payback.
He felt that EP had pulled Blast from under him.

Quoting Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]> on Mon, 2 Jun 2014
20:11:44 +0000:

--
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.