EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:40:35 -0500
7bit
From:
Peter,

Bush looks at the Athenaeum review to support his guess about the advice
Eliot is said to have offered for the Ur-Cantos. He discusses the Bay Street
Hymn Book, the object revealing the 'master-plan' of Pound and Eliot to
advance their poetic modernism, fact and history being of immediate concern
due to their responses to Joyce's 'Telemachus' chapter and hence the
prearranged focus for 'Three Cantos' and 'Gerontion.'

Doesn't Gerontion mean 'little old man?'

Thanks for the other info. Just to be clear, McLuhan's thesis was that Eliot
operated with a four part structure,
"literal/analogical/allegorical/anagogical", Pound's fifth was drama?

cheers,
Chris.