EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:01:55 -0500
From:
Charles Moyer <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
----------
From: Charles Moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 07:14:38 -0500
To: - Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine
Subject: Re: ALA panels, etc.

I agree with you that the Eludesinian mysteries' telos, whatever it was, was
not based on the salvation of an individual's soul. In fact it more likely
could have been a calendaric phenomena unfolded on the autumn equinox
threshing floor started long before a Jebusite Jerusalem was founded around
the same. You know, old chap, corn dollies and all in the Telesterion. The
theta and the delta show much in common as in "thalos" and "dalos",
"thyrsus" and "drus" and then there is R. Graves. Unfortunately he and Pound
were never on good terms. They both missed out.
    That said perhaps the line should go-

 "Averroes which way in a vacuum?"

Would it have been Kung who had his head up in a vacuum?

But by way of aperient?

"They'll no get him in a good solid bowel
Though they chew it cudingly"