ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
james acheson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:19:14 -0800
Derek will be in Lowell tomorrow night with the river
rats.  We will be there, assuming I want to drive...
(it is only about 10 miles)

UNH... this is about the least chatter ever prior to a
UNH whiteout at the Whit...
my question is ... does the team remember the running
of the Bishop last season??? Ben was injured when a
UNH star, Trevor Smith took him out with a (kinda
arguably) cheap shot... Ben has unarguably not been
the same since.  I will be taking my daughter to this
one... and a friend is looking for a single ticket...
anyone???

I spoke with an old BC captain 2 nights ago and he
said a few things  that were  mentioned on here by
different people in response to my question "WHAT is
wrong with your Eagles this season, and what is wrong
with all of Hockey East.?"

He said, first that nobody tries to win every game,
right now, you try and get your team to learn how to
play together and you win some, you lose some... (I
think some people took issue with my theory that Tim
does not try and win every game when I said that a
year or so ago)...
He also said that based on his [York's ] track record,
he had faith that Jerry York would have his team
playing its best in time for the playoffs....( I think
that this is a Fitta-ism, but only reference to Tim
and the Black bears)  It may also have been a
Wollstadt-ism... but certainly not a quote that I can
claim as my own.

anyone have anything to add (at all, anymore)

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs