ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:01:58 -0400
A story you all might like to hear...

In my day job I am Purchasing Agent for the City of Peabody, MA.  We are a
city of about 50,000 persons, and I purchase for all municipal departments
and our Schools.

Peabody High has a very active athletic department, which includes a hockey
team who plays at our City rink just beside the High School.  (You can see
it from I-95 as you travel through Peabody on your way back to Maine).

The pro shop, run by the family whose son was just named President of NHL
Enterprises, sells us our hockey equipment at a very good price.

Well, today I was processing Purchase Orders for winter sports, and what do
I see but the hockey purchase from the pro shop.  Included in the list of
uniform items were the following purchases (exact quotes):

stockings - Navy with white & lt blue trim.  Stockings are U-Maine style
Game Jerseys - U-Maine style with scripted front

Imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery !!!