ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:21:59 -0400
8bit
From:
William Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask],NNTP writes:
>und that the AVERAGE number of
>student tickets used was around 750 per game.  AVERAGE.

Even that number is kind of skewed. Only four games last year did
students pick up more than 1,000 tickets. (If you can believe it,
Merrimack was one of them) However, you exclude those games and the
average is between 400-500. Of those four game that students picked up
1,000 tickets   it didn't even mean 1,000 of them showed.

As Walsh told me when I talked to him about a ticket policy story, "If
the students don't use them all than it doesn't make sense to have
empty seats. I want a packed crowd. If they won't show up, we might as
well sell them. I'm challenging the students.
It's going to be step-up time for the UMaine students."