From:
jean armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jean armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 18:32:58 -0700
For those of you still hedging on booking your Summer Reading Program

For those of you still hedging on booking your Summer Reading Programming......I'm offering a Memorial holiday sale on Summer Reading Program, “Can You Dig It?” Book 1 summer reading program (theme or alternative) by Friday and you can get the discounted rate of $320 per show.  Block book 2 in the same day within same region for a bigger discounted rate of $295.  I still have some dates available that I’d like to fill. Call this week to discuss and get your discount! 207 879 1886.

There’s a whole lot happening underground in this lively, interactive, fun and funny show from Jean Armstrong, featuring kids in action on the stage and from their seats with Tales from Britain, Japan, Russia and more.  Watch and listen to the exciting legend of Lambton Worm, the worm that turns into a Dragon and must be slain, learn about buried treasure found from a dream, vegetables that get the whole family moving, Sneaky Rabbits and Snakes and all who live beneath the surface.  And don’t forget the worm jokes! Laugh, listen, act, sing, chant and be part of the action when Adjudicated MaineArts Performer, Storyteller Jean Armstrong tells engaging tales, physically performed and beautifully told!  jeanarmstrong.com, [log in to unmask]  or 207 879 1886.

A recent endorsement of my programming below:
Hi all

I would like to strongly recommend Jean Armstrong for consideration in
any upcoming storytelling or summer reading program needs you may have.

She has developed a 'Dig It' summer reading theme show and she can
tailor shows for individual needs.

Jean lives in Portland, and has presented at many libraries, as well
as the Northeast Storytelling Conference and various workshops, for
many years. She also produced Maine's first 5 Tellabrations! -
worldwide storytelling events for adults - and has performed at the
National Storytelling Network Conference.

Through our own experiences here at McArthur (including staff who have
hired Jean when working at other libraries), Jean has done ghost
stories for adults as well as teens, and also family programs with
multicultural and bilingual stories.

We had a downtown fundraiser here recently, where 6 locations
(including McArthur Library) held tours called 'Secret Spaces, Haunted
Places'. Jean was fantastic and performed tirelessly for several tour
groups, numbering over 200 in a single afternoon! It was pretty
incredible to watch.

She created a completely original tale (including songs) that
interwove historical fact and a bit of spooky fiction, and we had rave
reviews from those who attended.

She has a wide range of expertise, is extremely flexible and adaptive
to specific needs you may have, and her programs encourage great
audience participation from even the youngest of kids! From one-woman
comedy for adults to shows for preschool-Grade 8 and beyond, Jean can
keep an audience engaged for sure.

See www.jeanarmstrong.com for more examples of programs Jean has done.
Email her at [log in to unmask] or call her on (207) 879-1886
to inquire about availability and rates.

I hope Jean can perform soon at your Library!

Thanks, happy weekend!

Jeff

Jeff Cabral
Library Director
McArthur Public Library
Box 346
Biddeford, ME 04005

www.mcarthurlibrary.org

Jean Armstrong, MS CCC-SLP, Storyteller
207 879 1886
for storytelling information log onto www.jeanarmstrong.com
For communication workshop offerings log onto jeanarmstrongcommunication.com
National Storytelling Network Liaison for Maine, Founding member of Maine Organization of Storytelling Enthusiasts, member American Speech, Hearing, Language Assoc(ASHA), MSHA

Life is a story! Live well, you'll have more to tell!

"I Can Dig This!" show offered to New England libraries celebrating Summer Reading Theme or alternative programs available 2013.
"Tell Your Story!" an adult storytelling workshop to mine your stories, Wm. Fogg Public Library, Eliot, Maine 5/20/13
MacArthur Library Ghosts, custom tale from paranormal readings, Sacred Places, Haunted Spaces Biddeford tour, MacArthur Library, 4/27/2013
Sharing the Fire/Northeast Storytelling Conference, Portland, ME 4/5/13, presenting "Story Voices that Don't Damage Yours!"  Presented workshops 1999-2013 and performed 2008 at Sharing the Fire Northeast Storytelling Conference. http://www.lanes.org
Presented Solo shows & Workshops, National Storytelling Conf. '06 & '09, Pittsburg & Gatlinburg, TN
Produced Maine's first 5 Tellabrations! a worldwide storytelling event for grownups