ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:12:47 -0400
Hey Dan and Maine hockey community,

The actions that night by the students and the youth hockey team
prompted me to send an email to Joe Bertagna.  BU, which HAD been the
better of the Boston schools, was a real disappointment.  NU has also
gone down a similar road as their band participates in the cheers that
incorporate the new trendy "suck" cheer.  And BC is the worst of the
bunch!  It is truly amazing that the college hockey community in Boston
at all the schools resorts to the suck cheer and seems to not have an
original bone.

I think aside from the behavior of the Maine fans at one of the home
games vs. UNH last year, the greatest thing about Maine fans and the
student section is their ability to be creative with their cheers.
Will be interested to see if this is really enforced when MAINE plays
at BU in NOvember.

Bob Fitta '83

On Sep 12, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Dan Doucette wrote:

> Hopefully, the Agganis staff will enforce this new rule, read link
> below:
>
> I'd rather not see a repeat of last year, where BU students (their
> actions are not my concern) incited a young hockey team to repeat a
> mocking of a Maine cheer, where they used the "F-word".  I had been
> tempted to visit that team's adult supervisor to voice my
> disappointment with their action, but this year I will alert arena
> staff should it happen again.
>
> http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2006/09/12/
> bu_moves_to_clean_up_foul_language_at_games/

Bob Fitta
Director of Advertising
Harvard Magazine
617-496-6631