EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Brennen Lukas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 12:39:35 -0400
All,

I am certainly surprised that the lines I mused about were written by John
Adams. Even with that altered context, however, my analysis changes very
little. It's a perfect example of how the simple technique of enjambment,
expertly applied, can transform prose (even weighty political prose) to
poetry. It's not just prose with line breaks; Pound has transformed the text
into something new.

Apologies to John Adams, obviously a fine writer all by himself.

Down to one cent,
Brennen Lukas