EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 08:32:24 -0800
7bit
From:
Fisher and Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Reading further in Terrell's book, the chapter "Divine Mystery," I find
direct answers to my questions about his relationship to Pound's
polyphony and tale of the tribe. In this chapter Terrell's references to
Christ are sometimes related to the larger "process" of being and
consciousness and sometimes related to the experience of the individual
"mystic" (both seem applicable to the final statement in this chapter of
Terrell's personal relationship to Christianity). This makes me unsure
of the Christ references in the earlier chapter, which now explode with
possibilities regarding, for example, Zeus and Christ--for me, a more
productive reading than would be a point for point analogy.
Margaret