ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 01:37:52 EST
Hi Patrick,

Thanks and congratulations on your first post!

>Where is Jason Price? (Vicki?)  He missed the BU game and tonight, is

I understand he was scratched from the BU game, but may have had an
injury tonight.  Perhaps someone in the know can fill us in.

>he hurt or something?  The defense hasn't looked that good lately so I
>think he needs to be back in the lineup.  What about LaRose, and Leger

Price is a pretty good puck handler, but his defense isn't strong, is it?

LaRose is out with an infected ankle.  There was one other person out
with injury, but I don't recall who ...  it may have been Leger.

>they were both missing as well tonight.  What about goaltending?
>We've looked really weak in net the last few games.  Should Walsh go
>with just one guy, if so should it be Michuad?

Alfie seems to have a confidence problem right now.  I suspect Masotta
was given the nod tonight to give him a chance to prove himself and give
Alfie another day of rest in hopes he can get focused.

Did you think the goalie performed badly?  I missed substantial portions
of the game early, but the MC goals I saw were due to terrible defensive
and forward breakdowns (bad decisions).  Just a minute before the game
winning goal, Masotta made a tremendous stop from well inside the
face-off circle (left skate).

Lotsa of hockey left to play!

Thanks again for the post,
wayne