ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matt Dewkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2009 21:36:30 -0700
Amen... If they are going to have these results, and I have to listen to that guy, I will go out of my tree.  The very least they could have done is have the sound guy adjust his mic.  He was so obnoxiously loud that it kept distorting.  Either that or he was eating the mic.

Good news on Dan.  Anyone else care to comment on the loss?  Let's get some discussion going.  I feel that as the team has crapped out lately the forum has too.  So... A shorthanded goal.  Seven powerplays I think.  The rest I removed from my mind as it was laced with the announcers voice.

I hate to say it, but I think the result may have been different had we not had players suspended.  There is no reason to lose to Union. None. Now, I don't want to start the "Can Whitehead" march, but it seems we have had more suspensions in the past several years that any of the previous years.  Why? Is it that the players don't respect the coaches, their teammates, and University enough to act properly?  It seems that every year there is this drama that occurs, and it derails a decent team, or cripples a mediocre one.  Bottom line: We can't afford to have ANYONE be sitting at home suspended.  If anything, we need MORE players on the ice.  What happened to the days of Jim Leger- Hockey Humanitarian.  Good character guys.  While we're at it, I'd take some Hobey Baker guys too.

Coach if you read this- Maybe the team needs to take to heart the "To Be a Champion" on the inside of the dressing room door.  It is what the team was built on, and what we need to get back to to move forward with the program.

And I don't want to go down the road of "Can Blake James" but the athletic department has been full of issues the past few years.  I haven't forgotten Shawn's Rulebook tightrope walk, but it seems as though we didn't have this type of stuff happening throughout the department.

Excuse my rant.

Matthew R. Dewkett