ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:17:41 -0500
Went out to Amherst this weekend to support the team - I really don't
enjoy watching a hockey game at the Mullins Center.

Actually it would be a nice place to watch a game -- except for the
fans.  Of the 3500 students who were attending the game, I think the
only students in the stands who actually understood the game of hockey
were Cahoon's healthy scratches.  Isn't it better when the student
section sits where the OPPOSING TEAM's goalie is in net for two
periods.  The students seem to only know two cheers - which include the
words S*&K and A*&H&%E.  Maybe the opening remarks about good
sportsmanship should include "Profanity is not only tolerated, but
encouraged".

This makes me admire the Maine students even more - I think Alfond is
about the only place where I don't hear the S*&K cheer.  I've had the
pleasure of sitting with some young alumni and current students at road
games - the cheers are very clever.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

By the way -- did the on-ice entertainment between the 1st and 2nd
period of last night's game remind anyone of the movie Slapshot?

--
Lindsay A. Huntoon
Let's Go Maine Black Bears