ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2007 10:57:39 -0700
To me, last night was a really great win.  It just kind of legitimized
the whole season for me.  Sure, we struggled at times and especially at
the end of the year, but we go to the tournament and we are not just
some patsy to be defeated by the mighty WCHA.  We are one of the best 8
teams in the country now.

Tonight is a huge game.  I am not a big fan of Tim Whitehead (3 Frozen
Fours in Last 5 teams say hello), but I think tonight will be an
exercise in coaching.  We've lost 4 in a row to UMass, they have our
number.  There have been injuries, but even those should not have led
us to go 0-4.  Some poor play, and perhaps as others have suggested
poor coaching also contributed.

It all doesn't matter tonight if Maine wins.  One of the side stories
to the game tonight that I hope people will comment on (because I
didn't see the previous 4 losses), is what, if any, changes Tim makes
to the team or to the approach against UMass that either works or
doesn't.

Of course there are other factors in play too, smaller rink, Maine has
the last change, our NCAA Experience vs. theirs, etc.  UMass won't be
afraid of Maine (obviously), and they will be a tough opponent.  It
should be an interesting game.  GO BLUE!!

-Deron