ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:21:17 -0700
Maine has really all they could have hoped for here.  I think Maine is
in the weakest of the four brackets, and as Clair says SCSU isn't
exactly playing with a world of confidence.  Hopefully Maine fans will
pack the house.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility to see Maine advancing beyond
this bracket.  (Or any of the other 3 teams actually)  Apparently Bob
Norton feels this way too since he had UMass going to the Frozen Four!

Clarkson and UMass shouldn't really scare anyone, but I think at this
point I'm sick enough of UMass to pefer the Golden Knights here, though
there is a part of me that would love to beat SCSU and then end UMass'
season.

I'm on board with those who say BC is playing some of the best hockey
in the nation.  While neither BC or UNH is thrilled to be playing in
the same bracket, I totally think BC will roll on to the Frozen Four.

I'm not sold on Notre Dame (yet) and Minnesota and North Dakota out
west should be another slug fest (and well worth watching!!)

As far as I'm concerned, from a motivational standpoint it should be
easy to take this team from being on the cusp of total elimination to
having a very focused, relaxed group of guys playing Friday.  I hope
the boys bring it.

It was no fun waiting for this selection, I like to go back to being a
shoo-in!!

-Deron

http://www.uscho.com/schedules/team.php?season=20062007&team=scsu&gender=m