ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 06:48:03 -0700
Games that seem to have the most impact on us..

1- Dartmouth v. St. Lawrence ECAC consolation game.  We want Dartmouth
to win this game.  A St. Lawrence win pushes them into the tournament
and us down the PWR.

2- Quinnipiac v. Clarkson -- obviously, the "Q" will not be in the
tournament without a win, but a "Q" win will also will mean only the
top 13 teams in the PWR will make the tournament.

There are several senarios, all with road bonus of .003 and all with
St. Lawrence winning where Maine is tied for 13th with Miami, and it
has Quinnipiac winning the ECAC, so Maine would be on the bubble in
that senario, though we do win comparison with Miami so we *should*
make it.

3- Lake State v. Michigan State - we want LSSU here.  Michigan State
can play themselves into the tournament or out of the tournament.  At
this point, for seeding purposes especially, more of these teams that
bow out the better.

4- Minnesota v. North Dakota - it appears it is actually better for us
if Minnesota wins this game.  There are a number of senarios where
Maine can go as high as #9 in PWR, all have Minnesota winning.  (and
Dartmouth too!!)