ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:00:12 -0800
> The four (or five) contests where Maine opposed UMass in Amherst in
> 2007 will likely be seen as a significant point in the Whitehead
> years at Maine.  The games since January this year have been prelude
> to the two games which included moments that exhibited a multitude of
> factors which affected the success of the Maine squad this season.
> Maine's problem is that all these factors WERE apparent this past
> weekend, both the good and the bad; with regret, it turns out there
> were more of the latter than the former.

I couldn't agree more re: defining moment for Whitehead era.  We've
talked on this list for years about the lack of passion (both coach and
team), lack of leadership (ditto?) and how it has manifested itself as
inconsistency.

At the same time, Maine has continued to go to the NCAAs and make
Frozen Fours.

So here we are again.  We could do it again.  Maine can easily go to
Amherst and sweep the Minutemen and roll into the Garden ready to make
another run.  It seems in the Whitehead era, whenever things look the
darkest, Maine finds the light and makes a run.

Does the run start or end this weekend?

> Is there anyone carrying the games on TV this weekend ?

NESN is covering Vermont at BU on Friday night.

-Deron