ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Adam Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 19:02:44 -0400
I believe you were there and I'm not sure if they showed it on the
scoreboard.  But, I assume you're talking about the penalty going into the
corner (the first of the two penalties that created the 5-3 and brought an
end to the Power Play).  If so, that really wasn't as obvious as you make it
sound.  It was more one of poor circumstance.  Damon took a jab with his
stick (in a fairly clear across the body motion) but barely made any
contact.  The Badger went down to one knee as they went into the boards.  It
wasn't really something that had to be called, but something that could be
called if you're calling a tight game.  Unfortuante that it was called (very
fortunate that Wisconsin didn't score) but not really anything I would blame
him for.

On a larger note, it's too bad that this senior class had to leave without a
title to show for it.

--Adam