ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
nonni daly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:51:41 -0400
Overall, I hate to see any game that counts for post season played anywhere
but in the cozy confines of their ONLY home ice advantage, Alfond Arena.
Calling a game played in Portland a "home" game is style over substance ...
pure and simple.  Yes, play a game or two in Portland for the benefit of
fans in that area -- but, NEVER, a game that really counts.  Putting the
kids at a disadvantage to curry favor doesn't wash, IMHO.