ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:47:39 -0800
I wanted to respond to some of the posts on the upcoming series with
UNH...

If the games aren't on the radio in the Bangor area, they will be
available on Audionet at drew.audionet.com/schools/unh.  The Audionet
broadcasts are feeds from the Wildcat Sports Network and are sponsored
by the Friends of UNH Hockey.

The only possible TV coverage is Fox Sports on Sunday. There are no
plans for WMUR-9 to broadcast the games.  In fact, Channel 9 probably
isn't aware that the Hockey East playoffs are about to begin... :)

Nolan will likely miss some or all of the games this weekend.  I think
he was up for re-evaluation today, but the plans are to be without
him.  On the flip side, I think UNH *is* expecting to see Kariya.

If the series goes to a third game, that's good news for Maine.  UNH
is 0-4 in Sunday games in the last three years, with two of those four
being losses to Maine at the Whitt.  Ouch.  That same stat makes me
nervous for the NCAA tourney where a Sunday win is a must to advance
into Boston.  Then again, stats are like polls.

It should be an interesting weekend.  UNH took 3 out of 4 regular
season matchups (Maine winning the last), but has only won 1 in the
last 5.  It's too close to call, but I'd wager they'll be playing
hockey in Durham this Sunday.

Good luck to all the players -- I hope everyone is skating next Monday.

Howard