EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Robert E. Kibler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert E Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 19:36:19 -0400
On Sat, 18 Apr 1998 16:17:40 -0700 wrote...

Wasn't the Vou Club a Japanese group devoted to poetry in general, and Pound in
particular?  Must be several mentions in the bios.

I'm doing some work on _Drafts and Fragments_, and can't figure out the
>a reference in the letter to Katue Kitasono of 12 March 1941. Pound
>includes a fragment entitled, or headed "Lines to go into Canto 72 or
>somewhere," which was later included in "Addendum for C." Pound tells
>Kitasono the lines "can go to the VOU Club without explanantion." Cany
>anyone explain what the VOU Club is, and if they published that fragment?
>
>Also, any idea why Pound wanted those fragments included in _D&F_?
>Stiocheff mentions that a letter from Laughlin to the printer said it was
>an afterthought on Pound's part, but that's the only reference I've seen.
>
>Bill

Robert E. Kibler
Department of English
University of Minnesota

                fortunatus et ille, deos qui novit agrestis,
                Panaque Silvanumque senem Nymphasque sorores.