EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:23:06 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I am posting the following information request on behalf of my
grad student Sarah Holmes, who is putting the finishing touches
to the '30s correspondence between EP and Senator William Borah of
Idaho, a volume contracted for by U. Ill. Press.  She tells me she's
having difficulty posting things to this list.  Please post your
replies, if any, either to this list or to Sarah directly at

Thanks!
==DP

************
1) In regards to Barry Ahearn's posting about the Pound MLA panel.  I would
like to see a panel about pedagogical approaches when teaching Pound to
undergraduates.

2) As I prepare my final manuscript of the letters between Pound and Senator
Borah, I have four items which I can't locate.  I hope that someone on the
list can help me footnote some people/places Pound writes about:

-Whitwood
-Whitworth chemicals
-Otto Ernst Neimeyer
-Capt. Goldoni

The first two are references to places in England, but then again, Pound
could
be referring to the British industrial chemist named Whitwood, or to the
well-known rifle inventor by the same name.  Also, I'm assuming that Goldoni
is a standard nickname that Pound uses, but I am not sure.  Any leads would
be
helpful.

Sarah Holmes
Univ of RI