ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2008 06:38:04 +0000
Interesting game.

I thought several Maine players played very well (Nyquist, Duffy, House, Carriere, Flynn, Solomon, Darling, and others, too).

Despite giving up 3 goals, the Union College (UC) goalie, Milan, kept them in the game as Maine several times threatened to blow the game open. UC looked like an offensive team trying to play defense.

There were many penalties.  I'd like to see the TV replay first, but will offer that most of the Maine penalties were aggressive, hard playing penalties that sometimes are called, sometimes not, or were those that sometimes come from playing at the edge of quick, fast, and breakneck.  UC penalties were similar, for the most part.

My son found this game very entertaining, and it was.  This was not MC-Maine, but more like BC-Maine, missing much of the BC talent.

On the other hand, a neighbor of mine, who knows the game much better than I, was disappointed in the UMaine game.   I don't understand that (yet), but maybe it's because I'm so thrilled that this team can skate, play for the team, see the ice, move away from the puck, and PASS.   Will Maine get to the loose pucks and have as much time to make decisions Saturday?  I don't know, but the tweaks each team makes will make it a different game.

With the students approaching finals week, tonight's (Sat) game will have a great seat awaiting you.  I have no doubt it will be worth your time and money!

Cheers, wayne