ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:31:46 -0800
8bit
From:
james acheson <[log in to unmask]>
If I am not mistaken, Maine's last sweep of an opponent was last season, during the first weekend of the year against and at Northeastern.

Simon has learned a Purcell/leveille-esque saucer pass, over the defense sticks and on the ice just before it reaches the intended recipient... NICE!

Nyquist is OK... I will let everyone else gush, there is more than enough to say... but people, please start saying it.  (Like the time he was tripped at Providence and never lost control of the puck, got back on his feet and made a nice play.  (and the penalty was called).  I am reminded NOT to make Kariya comparisons, but I do wonder if he has 2 younger brothers, (Sven and Markus heh heh).

darling looks damn good!  Always in position and goes post to post as well as the best college goalies I have ever seen.  Seems that nobody is going to beat him on a 2-on-0.  (and he is pitching a perfect game... jinx)

I am not going to get over excited YET, this is 4 wins against really bad opponents, and a win against BC at the time of year that they typically "stink"  More wins agaisnt Merrimack and Union also will not prove a heck of a lot, except that this years Maine team is better than last year;s Maine team... which still is not saying ANYTHING.

I hope that they can win some big games, and I am rooting for them to win some more big ones.  and I really wish that Maine could play UNH right now... Their starting goalie is out, and the other one (DiGirolomo) is garunteeing to give up 7 or 8 goals a game....  Last year's Maine team could have swept if they were spotted 8 goals per game against UNH.

and out of curiosity, knowing now that MR. Carr, the media liaison for the university reads these posts, but does not contribute, ... do any of our words of wisdom ever get shared with the media outlets?
ooops, huh, Joe?