ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:18:38 -0500
I recently wrote this on UMaine's Hockey FirstClass conference ...
(abridged) ...

With the influx of messages trying to sell tickets [on FirstClass], we
are probably seeing that a number of season ticket holders are
preferring the Patriot's game to seeing our men's hockey team trounce
arch-rival, Boston [University].

What about the students?  We have a real shot to beat BU, a team with
their own problems this season.  Will we have a great and noisy turnout
Saturday at 7, or will the students opt to see the Patriot's first
period?  I'm hoping for noisy!

BU, 5-10-3 overall, has had great success on the power play (22.7% to
UMaine's 8.3%), but troubles on the penalty kill (77% to UMaine's 83.3%).

In 18 games, BU has scored and allowed 63 goals (UMaine has scored 41
and allowed 54 in the same number of games).

BU has split their goal-tending between Gillespie and Bennett, with
neither goalie doing well (GAAs well over 3).  UMaine's Bishop GAA is 2.63.

UMaine hasn't beaten BU in 3 years (2005-01-22), with this being the
first match of this season.

I have a feeling that our team is going to play with a confidence level
that we haven't seen in a while and will smash BU 4-2 ... and I hope you
all are there to enjoy the fun!

cheers, wayne