ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Scott Lerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 13:28:26 -0500
I had always thought that parking a forward in front of the net was
something hockey players learned by age 10. Of course, I thought the
same thing about hitting the opposing player that's carrying the puck
across the blue line. I couldn't say with any certainty why Maine
doesn't seem to be doing these things often enough. Any suspicions I
might have would be nothing more than slightly-educated guesses. I
don't think it's entirely the fault of any one person, though. These
are things that I think the entire team needs to improve. I won't get
to see them again until the game at Lowell (unless I get bored and
drive to Providence), but the next few weeks are big. There's only 4
points between third and last in Hockey East, so Maine could make up a
lot of ground against BU and Providence.

--
Scott Lerman