ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
james acheson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:55:16 -0800
What exactly do you mean, "if they did those things
more often"

why do you think that they do not do those things?
and let me add, why do you think that Maine players DO
those thing when they get to the AHL?

going to the front of the net is something that most
teams do, at all levels from squirts to the NHL.
Maine does not seem to do that  a whole heck of a lot,
but I do not think that it is the choice of the
players.

this broken  record (me) has been plating this tune
for a while now.

I will be at the BU game, and I really hope that
Siewick or whoever is in the BU net TRIES to knock the
net off during every shot and also waters down the
goalposts every time the puck is not in his zone... I
will be very vocal about it if there is a repeat of
the Curry performance of last year!!!

--- Scott Lerman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Well, since it was somehow my account that got
> broken and disturbed
> the pleasant silence of the list, I guess I should
> say something real.
> I'm surprised that nobody has posted anything about
> the game Sunday
> afternoon. I think Maine looked rather mediocre for
> most of the game,
> but the three goals (not counting the empty net
> goal) showed exactly
> what Maine needs to keep doing. The first goal was a
> deflection off
> someone in front of the net, the second goal was
> from a player
> charging the net, and the third goal was from going
> after the puck. If
> they did those things more often, I think their
> record would be quite
> a bit better than it is now.
>
> --
> Scott Lerman