ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:56:52 -0400
Nonni Daly wrote, in part:
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>> Though I found it strange that an Eastern team (UMass) got a NCAA
>> Regional on their home ice
>
> Why "strange", dt?  The outgoing head of the NCAA Ice Hockey Committee
> is Ian McCaw, the current AD at UMass Amherst, ergo ... Nothing like
> delivering the goods for the home school and damned the neutral ice concept!

I thought this looked less than above-board, too ... so I asked.

On good authority, I am told the 2005 ME Regional came down to Portland
and Amherst bids.  They deemed the Amherst facility far superior.

Though Portland would be a better town for an NCAA Regional, it's hard
to argue for the CCCC, IMHO.

cheers, wayne